Circular saws are used to cut a wide range of materials such as metals, woods, alloys, etc. The blades of these saws are fabricated from high-grade materials to ensure better reliability and long-lasting service. Actual saw portion of the blade can be changed as per the requirement. This helps in choosing the blade, which is specific to the material needed to be cut. A proper and accurate cut is obtained by the circular saw. Read this post to learn how to cut a metal using a circular saw.
Metal Cutting Tool Process Using a Circular Saw
A metal cutting process involves a series of steps. Various equipment such as work gloves, saw blade, dust masks, safety goggles, measuring tapes, adjustable wrenches, workbenches, and clamps are critical for the operational process. Here is how you can proceed with the process by using a circular saw.
- Choose the Right Blade: The metal cutting band saw blade must be selected according to the material to be cut. Diamond saw blade is ideal for cutting a metal. A sharp new blade is required to make a sharp cut. Also, the diameter of a blade must be determined before proceeding with the metal cutting.
- Insert the Blade in the Saw: When the blade is installed in the circular saw ensure that all nuts, bolts, and other attachments are tightened. This helps keep the blade in place. Also, the blade must be held tightly against the saw for safety concerns.
- Adjust the Blade: The blade adjustment slide is located on the side of the metal cutting circular saw. The slide helps move blade up and down. It must be noted that the depth of the blade must not be set more than 1/4 of an inch thicker than the metal, which is held against the blade for cutting.
- Clamp the Metal to Workbench: A metal section to be cut must be hung over the edge of the blade. This helps in the uniform cutting of the metal piece. By turning the circular saw, the blade starts cutting the metal at its desired speed.
Tips and Care to be taken
Metal cutting tools are dangerous because they are operate at high speed. Hence, care must be taken while operating these tools.
- One must be positioned firmly on the ground, and care must be taken to keep away from the metal piece, which is being cut. Any kind of unwanted debris or fragment flying off the metal pieces can be avoided if the operator is positioned perfectly.
- Protective gearing includes all kinds of work gloves, dust masks, and safety gloves should be worn before starting the metal cutting. A dust mask prevents any kind of flying debris or metal pieces from entering the mouth and nose. Work gloves safeguards from any kind of cuts and scratches
Metal cutting tool like a circular help provide uniform cutting, along with the ability to cut workpieces of various sizes and shapes. Are you in need of a metal cutting tool? If yes, it’s time you must consult an industry veteran like Woodward Fab. The company’s large industrial metal cutting inventory is designed to meet the needs of its customers.