Availability of power tools, hand tools, and automated equipment is a sign of a good auto body shop. This makes it easier for the experts to do their job efficiently. For that you are required to possess a certain types of auto body tools, which would help you in a proper auto body restoration. There are a vast variety of materials and techniques used to remove dents, scratches, and make a auto look as good as new. Unavailability of the necessary hand tools can make it really difficult to perform any repair or modification task. What are the most essential auto body tools required for an effective dent repair? Read on to know.
What Auto Body Hand Tools Should You Have for Dent Repair?
There is a vast list of essential auto body hand tools required for any repair shop. Here are some most essential tools that you need to have for dent repair:
- 1. Mallets: Mallet is a very effective tool in repair shops. It not only helps you in sheet metal shaping activities, but also in repairing dents. These equipment are made to match high quality standards. When a mallet is hit on to a work piece, it spreads the blow uniformly.
- 2. Shrinking Hammer: Shrinking hammer is a tool, which is widely used in a number of repair shops for repairing dents. The hammer is specially designed to deliver an optimal performance, unfailing service, and maximum strength for several years together.
- 3. Forming Dollies: Forming dollies play a vital role in metal shaping and forming operation. These equipment are generally used in conjunction with hammers. A forming dolly is basically used to support the work piece. This tool is also helpful in repairing dent in a car. The forming dollies are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes.
- 4. Hard Wood Slappers: These are one of the most widely used tools in the metal shaping process. When a forming piece is treated with slapper face, you can form a sheet without any extra efforts. Also, these auto body hand tools help in metal forming without any surface deformations.
- 5. Martin Auto Body Tools: There is a vast variety of Martin auto body tools, which include picks, body spoons, dolly blocks, and many more. These tools are of great help in a car’s dent repair.
These are the most essential auto body hand tools required in any repair shop. There are a few more tools that you should consider adding to your repair shop. You might have to invest some amount in getting these equipment, but they have several advantages and are capable of delivering a fine job. Do you want to know more about the different auto body hand tools and their uses? You can get help from experts like Woodward Fab. The company is one of the leading providers of metal working machinery.