Welding is the process of joining two materials permanently. A molten material, which is also referred to as a filler, is used to hold the pieces to be joined together firmly. A proper welding is possible only with the availability of necessary welding equipment and welding fabrication tools. Woodward Fab provides a vast assortment of high-quality, durable, and reliable welding equipment.
Necessary Welding Equipment for a Successful WeldingHere is a list of equipment that you will need to carry out welding process efficiently:
- Plasma Cutters: Plasma cutters are the equipment that produce hot localized zones for cutting. The plasma cutting machines are mainly used for cutting sheet metals in curved shapes.
- Weld Shavers: A weld shaver is a metal fabrication tool, which is used for fast cutting. The depth of the cut can be adjusted with this equipment.
- MIG Welder: Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welder is an equipment, which has a handle and a trigger that controls the wire feeding. The wire from the spool is fed to the weld joint. The MIG welding process is used mainly in case of high production requirements.
- Welding Helmets: It is very important to have a welding helmet during welding. It is a headgear that protects your eyes, face, and neck from heat, sparks, flash burns, and infrared and ultraviolet light produced during welding.
- Welding Carts: Welding cart is an equipment used to carry welder and welding accessories. The cart has two chains that hold the gas cylinder safely.
- Positioning Clamps: As the name suggests, positioning clamps are used to position the materials to be welding firmly. Positioning clamps do not allow the work piece to move, and thus providing a stable work environment.